Visiting Santo Domingo
Those traveling to Santo Domingo are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Badajoz (BJZ-Talavera La Real), 23 mi (37.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Santo Domingo
Places to visit in the larger region include Olivenza Castle, Office of Information and Tourism, and Gonzalez Santana Ethnographic Museum. You'll also find Santa Maria Magdalena and Juromenha Fort in the area.
As you plan your trip to Santo Domingo, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 32 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel Las Bovedas is located 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from the heart of Santo Domingo. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Badajoz can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hotel Badajoz Center is 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from central Santo Domingo. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Badajoz can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and room service.
- Sercotel Gran Hotel Zurbarán is 18 mi (29 km) from the center of Santo Domingo. This 4-star hotel in Badajoz features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Santo Domingo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Santo Domingo gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 44°F