Visiting Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto
Those traveling to Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 47.1 mi (75.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 51.9 mi (83.5 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto
Places to visit in the larger region include Montanhas de Teresopolis Municipal Park, Church of Bom Sucesso, and Orquidario Aranda Garden. You'll also find Tiradentes Sacro-Historical Museum and House of Portugal Club in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can select from 52 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Ibis Styles Tres Rios is 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from the center of Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto. This 2.5-star hotel in Tres Rios features parking.
- Athos Hotel is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from central Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto. This 3.5-star hotel in Teresopolis features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Intercity Teresopolis is located 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the heart of Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Teresopolis can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 69°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 64°F as the nighttime average
- About 56.65 inches of rain falls on Sao Jose do Vale do Rio Preto each year
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 61°F