Not a 4* by a long way
Posted Aug 29, 2016 on Hotels
The two key themes were a lack of facilities and poor service.
1. Unfriendly welcome on check in - dingy, small front reception. Had our details wrong.
2. Asked for an iron and ironing board. Thrice. Finally had to go down to reception and ask them to fetch me one while I waited. Got the iron but the ironing board was too much of an ask.
3. Booked a room with kitchenette. When we got there the kitchenette wasn't working. Asked three people over three days and got three different responses. Fourth response - "Well, of course it isn't working, it's not installed." Was finally begrudgingly sorted on day 4 of our stay. Given this is why we booked this room in the first place, this was infuriating.
4. However no cooking utensils or cutlery was provided rendering it useless. We almost moved out at this point but had paid in advance.
5. Our room was supposed to come with a 'coffee/tea maker'. Turns out this was a kettle.
6. Our room was supposed to come with 'climate control'. Turns out this was opening the windows as there were no fans, no aircon, and it was 34 degrees all week. It was horribly unpleasant.
7. Breakfast wasn't of the quality one would expect at a 4* hotel. To be fair, nothing was.
All in all what should have been a relaxing family holiday was unnecessarily stressful. This is the worst 4* hotel we have ever stayed in. Needless to say we won't be coming back.