Visitors can enjoy all that Seaford has to offer including its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Long Beach, Sky Zone, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- There are 239 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seaford
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Long Beach, Sky Zone, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Additionally, you'll find Belmont Park in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Seaford, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 52 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Radisson Hotel JFK Airport is 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from central Seaford. This 3.5-star hotel in Jamaica features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
- Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing is located 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the heart of Seaford. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Fresh Meadows can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area is 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the center of Seaford. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Jamaica can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Seaford
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Seaford Station. Seaford might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Seaford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on Seaford each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F