Friendly staff, good food, excellent views
Posted Oct 22, 2016
Love it all, missing it already.
Things that can be useful to know:
*Two cash line machines, outside on the right of Praslin airport. It only accepts visa and MasterCard. Maximum 1500SCR. Debit cards did not work for us.
* Taxis just in front of the airport exit door, cost from airport to hotel 400SCR and 300SCR coming.
* Hotel staff, taxi drivers, shop keepers, guides are very friendly, helpful with a good sense of humour, just make an effort to talk to them, start the conversation.
* Paul, the hotel manager, an excellent person, very knowledgeable. Anything you need, he will get it.
* No sand flies, no mosquitoes. We did not use any insect repellent.
* Drinks (not even water or soft drinks) are not included at dinner time. You need to sign a bill every night. A bottle of water costs 30SCR around £2.00
* Plenty of hammocks and beach and swimming pool lounges for everybody, no need to rush to put a towel on it.
* Canoes and paddle boats free to borrow everyday, also game boards. Snorkelling equipment available to rent for 90SCR for the full duration of your stay.
* You can swim in the sea everyday, there is some seaweed but fish need to eat something.
* Breakfast from 7:30 to 9:30, dinner from 19:30 to 21:30 at 4 o'clock free coffee and biscuits. Restaurant/bar next to the pool open most of the day.
* Go to the peer before 6pm for stunning sun set and 9:45 am to feed the fish.
* Collect beach towels from reception, free of charge, change them as often as you want.