Mouldy and damp EVERYWHERE
Posted Sep 25, 2014 on Hotels
To be fair, this is a comfortable place at first look, conveniently located, with very helpful staff - and very liveable if it weren't for the mould infesting the whole building. You can smell it in the lobby, at the reception, in the bar; the private room we received in the first night (without a window, mind you) smelt so bad that I had to sleep with an anti-smog mask to avoid serious breathing problems. We were given another room from the second night (again, no window) which also heavily smelt of mould but at least did not cause us more health trouble. (The small army of caterpillars in the bathroom was harmless.) We also had to do laundry while there; their tumble "dryer" is completely useless and we needed 3 hours to (almost) dry one half washer load. Worse yet, when we arrived at our next hotel and our noses had adjusted, we were not too surprised to find that our clothes felt damp and had taken up quite a bit of the mouldy smell. This is definitely not an isolated incident, I heard others complain about their rooms at the reception and this was in late summer, not during the rainy season.