Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shippensburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- You'll find 111 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gettysburg
- The closest major airport is in Hagerstown, MD (HGR-Hagerstown Regional), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Harrisburg, PA (HAR-Capital City), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shippensburg
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Shippensburgs University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Shippen House and Luhrs Performing Arts Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Shippensburg. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Shippensburg - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and first-rate property condition.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn & Suites Shippen Place Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Shippensburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.65 inches of rain falls on Shippensburg each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F