Renew your senses with a trip to nature at Shirley Theel Memorial Park.
It is 90 miles from the state capital, St. Paul. A bit of a journey, but definitely worth it!
If you are in favor of staying in this area, there are 4 nearby hotels. The AmericInn Austin and Days Inn Austin are great choices and are within 2 miles of Shirley Theel Memorial Park.
For the savvy traveler, there are a couple of affordable hotels in the vicinity. You can't look past the Econo Lodge or the Rodeway Inn & Suites for comfortability at a decent price.
Pull up a seat and buy a round of drinks from The Delhanty's (1800-1914 4th Avenue Southwest, Austin). This local bar is merely 0.5 miles away from Shirley Theel Memorial Park.
Other Places to Visit near Shirley Theel Memorial Park
When you've finished checking out Shirley Theel Memorial Park, you may like to venture further. The surrounding area has a bunch more things to do:
- Sit and relax on the grass and simply watch as the day passes by, run around with the kids and leisurely admire the tranquility of nature at Fayette Sherman Park.
- You're sure to enjoy spending some time at the buzzing campus of Riverland Community College - Austin Campus, an institution of higher learning that's valued by its many students and the local community as a whole.
- Mower County Historical Society boasts a historical collection on the events that shaped the region.
- Enjoy the trees, soft grass and invigorating air at North West Park, an urban park.
- Head to Community Park for some entertainment in the popular maintained spaces.