Central, pretty, great compared to Italian hotels
Posted Sep 27, 2016
Bear in mind that Italian hotels in general will lack the comfort and even service that American style hotels offer.
- Very central and a short walk to anywhere
- Very clean and well maintained
- Superb staff - friendly in general but Barbara in particular was very friendly and helped fill out the payment slip for the parking ticket. This doesn't seem like much, but I've been in 4 other Italian hotels and even though the staff speak English, they are very difficult to communicate with, partly due to language partly due to Italian attitude and Barbara was a breath of fresh air compared to others.
- There is parking but only about 5 or 6 cars fit so you might want to book your place in advance.
- Breakfast is lacking any hot items. It's just an ok breakfast to get you started, but could be improved a lot with slight additions
- No elevator - although they will help you carry your bags upstairs
- The key is the old fashioned style which you can leave at the reception but the safe also has a key so you kind of have to carry it with you
- The rooms are small but you really don't need a big room. What I disliked was that tiles were on the floor, and no carpet, which makes the room seem colder. But the room was satisfactory and this may be a plus on a hot summer day. The view was just ok. The TV is small and only has Italian channels, having a channel in English would be great.
Overall, an excellent hotel for Italian standards and for the price I would recommend it