Get an overview of this hotelHigh-rise splendor near San Jose Convention Center
Popular property highlights
This San Jose hotel, which has hosted four presidents, offers a prime location one block from the convention center; the Tech Museum of Innovation is across the street.
Pool with a view
The Fairmont boasts four inviting restaurants, a vast ballroom, and a large, palm-lined pool with museum and park views distinguish this upscale hotel, a favorite with executive travelers.
Spacious guestrooms at The Fairmont San Jose offer premium bedding, 32-inch HDTVs, and wireless Internet access. Marble baths include bathrobes, Le Labo toiletries, and separate showers and tubs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Fairmont San Jose
This high-rise hotel is one block from the McEnery Convention Center and two blocks from the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts.
Although The Fairmont San Jose is near many restaurants and attractions, it provides travelers with so many convenient services that they need not leave the building. A large pool on the fourth floor provides great views of the Tech Museum and Cesar Chavez Park. Three restaurants offer a variety of cuisines.
The Fairmont has ample event space, including the Imperial Ballroom that accommodates 1,400 guests, and a 24-hour business center. The health club offers complimentary use of saunas; massage treatment rooms are also on site. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby (surcharge). Pets are permitted for a fee and nonrefundable deposit.
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Number of bars/lounges - 3
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Outdoor pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 808
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 20
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 13.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Pay movies
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Grill on the Alley - Open for lunch and dinner. Inspired by the famous grills of New York, this restaurant is a prime destination for red-meat fans and offers chops, steaks, seafood, and pasta. Intimate and clubby, the restaurant has hardwood floors and leather booths. Hand-stirred martinis. Extensive wine list. Independently owned and operated.
McCormick and Schmick's - Seafood menu featuring more than 30 species of fresh fish and seafood caught daily from the Pacific Ocean and around the world. Inside The Fairmont San Jose's South Tower. Independently owned and operated.
Lobby Lounge - Afternoon tea is served daily. Extensive selection of Californian wines by the glass. Creative martini offerings and a wide array of single malt scotches.
Fountain Restaurant - Open for breakfast and lunch. This inviting restaurant offers an extensive à la carte menu and a breakfast buffet. Specialty menu offers low-carbohydrate selections for carbohydrate-conscious guests.
- Deep tissue massage
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 75 per stay
- Up to 70 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 26 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 75 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per day
- Fairmont Hotel San Jose
- Fairmont San Jose
- San Jose Fairmont
- Fairmont San Jose Hotel
- The Fairmont San Jose Hotel San Jose
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.