Close to Orchard Road
Posted Aug 24, 2016
We found that we could do everything in about 3 days, although we went for 5.
The hotel was the first Shangri-la which I have to say, having stayed at other hotels in this chain, was a disappointment. We usually stay in the Club rooms so I expected the best. However....
- Location was good but the hotel needs some refurbishment.
- The rooms were big and clean. The beds were uncomfortable. Turn down service needs some improvement.
- Club lounge does not serve Champagne in the price. This is extra. Every other Shangri-la I've stayed at, serves Champagne at this price. For that matter, every other hotel in the same price bracket serves Champagne at this price.
- Gym bathrooms were dirty.
- The food at the restaurants was good but service need improvement. Although we could have breakfast in the lounge (which was sometimes slow), we did venture to the buffet for some variety on a few occasions. However, we noticed that there was no coordination or supervision in the restaurant. If you left your seat to go to the buffet, chances were that someone else was sitting there when you returned.
Comment from Hotel Management
Aug 25, 2016 by Reto Klauser, Hotel Management
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us which gives us the opportunity to continually improve our hotel facilities and service standards. We strive to create positive and memorable hotel experiences for our guests and sincerely apologise for falling short of your expectations during your visit. We have noted your comments about our guest room, Horizon Club experience, amenities and service which we have shared with our team who are reviewing your comments to ensure that your concern that were raised are addressed and resolved. We apologise once again for your disappointing experience and hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back and recover your impression of the hotel.
Vice President and General Manager