Travelers to Sjovegan will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bardufoss (BDU), 22.1 mi (35.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Narvik (NVK-Framnes), 31.8 mi (51.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sjovegan
Places to visit in the larger region include Lavangen Church, Krambuvika Rural Museum, and Polar Zoo. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Sjovegan, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can select from 5 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Garsnes Brygge is 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from central Sjovegan. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Sjovegan can enjoy access to a marina and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Fjellkysten is 6 mi (9.6 km) from the center of Sjovegan. This 3-star hotel in Lavangen features a golf course, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Nedre Bardu Gjestehus is located 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the heart of Sjovegan. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Bardu can enjoy access to laundry facilities and free WiFi.
Dressing for Sjovegan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 36°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 7°F
- From April to June, the average is 61°F during the day and 19°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 45°F as the daytime average and 8°F as the nighttime average
- Sjovegan gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 60°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°F