Find Hotels in Sonoma Valley, CA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 17, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 25, 2020
Visiting Sonoma Valley
Travelers to Sonoma Valley give high marks for the array of wineries, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Quarryhill Botanical Garden, Jack London State Historic Park, and Sonoma Plaza.
- There are 202 hotels and other accommodations in Sonoma Valley
- The closest major airport is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 14.8 mi (23.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sonoma Valley
Cultural venues in the city include Sebastiani Theatre, Depot Park Museum, and Terra Firma Gallery. Attractions like Sonoma TrainTown Railroad and Audi Sportscar Experience are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Jack London State Historic Park, Mission San Francisco Solano, and Vallejo Home.
In Sonoma Valley, you'll be able to select from 202 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hidden Oak Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Ledson Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a winery, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Beltane Ranch - Amenities at this 4-star ranch include free breakfast. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Sonoma Valley include Quarryhill Botanical Garden, Sonoma Plaza, and Sonoma Raceway. Top places to visit outside the city include Robert Mondavi Winery, located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city center, and Artesa Winery, which is 9.1 mi (14.7 km) away.
Dressing for Sonoma Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Sonoma Valley gets about 30.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F