Visiting South Launceston
Visitors to South Launceston are sure to enjoy the restaurants, spas, and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and waterfalls.
- You'll find 109 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in South Launceston
Places to visit in the larger region include Centro Meadow Mews Shopping Centre, Quadrant Mall, and Launceston College. You'll also find Brisbane Street Mall and Princess Theatre in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Village Family Motor Inn - This 3-star motel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for South Launceston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 59°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- South Launceston gets about 27.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 37°F