More of an AirBnB than a Hotel
Posted Sep 4, 2016 on Hotels
Driver that was promised was not at the airport so we were left stranded. I asked a stranger to make call, at which time I was told we could wait 30 minutes, or take a cab. We chose the cab, which cost $50. Cab had a difficult time finding the place. Couldn't find a way to "check in". There is no "lobby", just the owner's apartment which we couldn't locate. After a bit, we were welcomed and shown our rooms, which were fine. We were then told that the car was broken down and that was why they weren't at the airport. Then why no email???
Overall, I feel that the property was not at all as advertised.
* WiFi rarely worked
* TV in 1 of 2 rooms didn't work
* Treacherous walk down cliff to "beach". Yes, beautiful sea view, but not practical for beach
* No curtain in shower in 1 bath - My daughter was in a compromised position when realized that there were guests in the driveway and she could be seen showering
* no printer available to print boarding passes. Certainly was never offered a limo or town car for use.
* Was shocked to be asked for cash for the stay as I have never been in a situation where I couldn't use a card.
If it weren't for UBER, we really would have struggled with our stay. If you just need a place to sleep, the rooms were comfortable enough.
Much more AirBnB, not even close to what I would expect from even a small boutique or low end hotel.