Families will find kid-friendly activities in Springfield, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo.
- You'll find 427 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Springfield
Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Philadelphia Museum of Art and Ben Franklin National Memorial.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Wells Fargo Center, 9.1 mi/14.7 km from the heart of the city, and Citizens Bank Park, which is 9.4 mi/15.1 km away.
Dressing for Springfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 41.46 inches of rain falls on Springfield each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F