St. Joseph Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 5 low-cost motels in St. Joseph among more than 46 hotels and other accommodations. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you'll often find an outdoor pool and free parking.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite St. Joseph motels available to book:
Motel 6 St Joseph
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Fair Inn St. Joseph
- Free breakfast, free parking, and a game room are available during your stay.
GuestHouse Acorn Inn
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Rock Port MO
- A computer station along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Super 8 by Wyndham Mound City
- Enjoy access to the free breakfast, indoor pool, and spa tub.
What to Do in St. Joseph
While you're exploring this historical, family-friendly area, take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. Visitors like St. Joseph for its shops and museums.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Krug Park
- Wallace State Park
- Beal Park
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Glore Psychiatric Museum
- Mount Mora Cemetery
- Pony Express Monument
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Jesse James Home Museum
- Pony Express Museum
- Cameron Veteran's Memorial Golf Glub
St. Joseph is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit St. Joseph
Determine the perfect time for your visit to St. Joseph by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 61° F and nighttime temperatures average 17° F
- April-June: 86° F is the daytime average and 38° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 87° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 73° F during the day and 17° F at night
- Average rainfall is 35.59 inches in a year
How to Get to St. Joseph and Around the Area
St. Joseph Transportation
|Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.) ||Airport ||36.6 mi (59 km) |