Get an overview of this hotelTraditional hotel near Stockholm's Old Town
Near Royal Palace
Early 20th century waterfront hotel situated in the center of Stockholm. Near the Royal Theatre Dramaten, the Old Town, and Royal Palace.
After a day of meetings in the business centre, guests can relax the Swedish way with a sauna, or enjoy a drink in the traditional wood-panelled cocktail bar.
The Hotel Diplomat features 130 bright, individually-decorated rooms. All rooms have air conditioning, minibar, flat-screen TV, premium TV channels, pay movies, desk, premium quality cotton bed sheets, wireless Internet access, and exclusive toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Guests of the Hotel Diplomat can relax the Swedish way with a sauna, or enjoy a drink in the traditional wood-paneled cocktail bar. Business guests can make use of the business center, conference space, meeting rooms and complimentary wired Internet access throughout the hotel. The property offers a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, concierge services, parking (surcharge), and tour assistance. An on-site gym is available. The property also offers a spa tub and 2 bars/lounge.
The hotel restaurant is an excellent choice for local business meetings, or for a glass of wine following a hectic shopping spree. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. During warmer months, the terrace is a popular place to take in the view.
- Concierge services
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in common areas
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Computer station
- Total number of rooms - 130
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 6
- Meeting rooms 3
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Year Built 1911
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Free newspaper
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Hotel Restaurant - serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Nearby Things to Do
Boats to the beautiful archipelago leave from the quay outside the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Boat tours nearby
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for SEK 200 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of SEK 1000 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs only
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Fee for buffet breakfast: SEK 275 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: SEK 595 per night
- Pet fee: SEK 1000 per accommodation, per stay
- Crib (infant bed) fee: SEK 200 per night
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Diplomat Hotel
- Diplomat Stockholm
- Hotel Diplomat
- Hotel Diplomat Stockholm
- Diplomat Hotel Stockholm
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Sweden. This property is rated 4.5 star.