Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Stoke-on-Trent, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theme park and theaters.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodations in Stoke-on-Trent
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 35.4 mi (57 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stoke-on-Trent
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Regent Theatre. The picturesque setting of Parkhall Country Park and Trentham Gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Potteries Shopping Centre and The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery.
In Stoke-on-Trent, you'll be able to select from 108 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lodge Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Shawgate Farm Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Stoke-on-Trent
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Stoke-On-Trent Station, Longport Station, or Longton Station. Stoke-on-Trent may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Stoke-on-Trent
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 34.13 inches of rain falls on Stoke-on-Trent each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F