Bargain hunters enjoy visiting Stonington though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, beaches, and wineries. A top sight in the area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in Westerly, RI (WST-Westerly State), 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stonington
Favorite places to visit in the city include Stonington Country Club, Saltwater Farm Vineyard, and Stonington Vineyard. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Captain Nathaniel Brown Palmer House and Stonington's Old Lighthouse Museum.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn at Stonington - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, 2.7 mi/4.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Stonington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Stonington gets about 49.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F