Visiting Sunshine Coast
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sunshine Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its spas and zoo. Top sights in the city include Noosa Beach, Mooloolaba Beach, and Kawana Beach.
- There are 1730 hotels and other accommodations in Sunshine Coast
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunshine Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Caboolture Historical Village, Noosa Botanic Gardens, and Wappa Falls Astronomical Observatory. Families come for attractions such as Australia Zoo, Hastings Street, and SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast. Notable city landmarks like Point Cartwright and Sunshine Castle might be worth a visit.
In Sunshine Coast, there are 1730 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Eumundi Gridley Homestead B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Noosa Valley Manor B&B Retreat - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Narrows Escape Rainforest Retreat - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Sunshine Coast include Noosa Beach, Mooloolaba Beach, and Kawana Beach.
Getting Around Sunshine Coast
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Cooroy Station, Yandina Station, or Pomona Station. Sunshine Coast might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Sunshine Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 69°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 63°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.61 inches of rain falls on Sunshine Coast each year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 57°F