Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly country house with free breakfast and restaurant
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Swellendam country house is located in the historical district, within a 10-minute walk of Dutch Reformed Church Swellendam and Drostdy Museum. Marloth Nature Reserve is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away.
Along with a restaurant, this country house has an outdoor pool and a bar/lounge. Free full breakfast is provided, as well as free WiFi in public areas, free self parking, and a free manager's reception. Other amenities include coffee/tea in a common area, concierge services, and dry cleaning.
All 10 rooms have 10 bedrooms and feature free WiFi. In addition to upscale touches like fireplaces and deep soaking tubs, guests will find flat-screen TVs with satellite channels and patios.
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Great bathrooms
Schoone Oordt Country House
Country House Amenities
Country House Amenities
The country house offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning as well as a complimentary manager's reception. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access.
This luxury country house also offers an outdoor pool, a library, and a terrace. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Schoone Oordt Country House has designated areas for smoking.
- Year Built 1853
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 10
- Number of floors - 2
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Outdoor pool
- Laundry facilities
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Free reception
- Free self parking
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Minibar (stocked, some free items)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- In-room massage available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
A complimentary full breakfast is served each morning between 8 AM and 10 AM. A complimentary manager's reception is offered each day.
Conservatory Restaurant - Overlooking the garden, this fine-dining restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required. Open select days.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the country house include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Country House Policies
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 500.00
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: ZAR 250.00 (from 6 to 10 years old)
- Christmas Day (25 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 450.00
- Christmas Day (25 December) Gala Dinner per child: ZAR 250.00 (from 6 to 10 years old)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 25000 per room (roundtrip)
Country house Name
- Schoone Oordt
- Schoone Oordt Country House
- Schoone Oordt Country House Swellendam
- Schoone Oordt Swellendam
- Schoone Oordt Country House Hotel Swellendam
We should mention
Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.