Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel close to Chinatown
Close to train station
Located in the Haymarket area of Sydney, the Capitol Square Hotel is on the border of Chinatown, three blocks from Central Station and within a light-rail train ride of Darling Harbour.
Classified by the National Trust, this historical hotel offers the old-world design of a European hotel combined with contemporary amenities such as an automated bar machine in the lounge.
Outfitted with key-activated climate control to save energy, the 94 guestrooms also include refrigerators, complimentary coffee/tea making facilities, writing desks, and wired Internet access.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Capitol Square Hotel SydneyCorner Of Campbell & George Street Haymarket NSW 2000
Registered by the National Trust, this historic hotel offers conveniences such as a breakfast room overlooking neighboring Capitol Theatre and an automated bar machine in the lounge area. Complimentary newspapers can be found in the lobby. Wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas for a surcharge. The hotel also offers a roundtrip airport shuttle for a fee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 5
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 94
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wired internet access ( A$20.00 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( A$9.95 per 24-hour period )
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Digital TV service
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Shower/tub combination
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Terrace Restaurant - Located on the second floor overlooking the historic Capitol Theatre, it is the perfect place to start the day.
Daily Breakfast Opening Hours: Monday to Friday - 6:30 AM to 10 AM; Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays - 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
The property does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Paddy Maguire's Irish Pub
Nearby Things to Do
The Capitol Square Hotel offers discounted use of a health club located on the corners of Pitt and Hay Streets, behind neighbouring Capitol Theatre. The Royal Botanic Gardens, which offer a walking/jogging path that runs throughout the gardens and along Sydney Harbour, are 1.5 km from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: AUD 100 per stay
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 19 for adults and AUD 9.50 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 20 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 15.00 (one way)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 30
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40 per day
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Capitol Square Hotel
- Capitol Square Hotel Sydney
- Capitol Square Sydney
- Capitol Square