Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel close to Chinatown
Close to train station
Located in the Haymarket area of Sydney, the Capitol Square Hotel is on the border of Chinatown, three blocks from Central Station and within a light-rail train ride of Darling Harbour.
Classified by the National Trust, this historical hotel offers the old-world design of a European hotel combined with contemporary amenities such as an automated bar machine in the lounge.
Outfitted with key-activated climate control to save energy, the 94 guestrooms also include refrigerators and WiFi (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Capitol Square Hotel Sydney
Registered by the National Trust, this historic hotel offers conveniences such as a breakfast room overlooking neighboring Capitol Theatre and an automated bar machine in the lounge area. Complimentary newspapers can be found in the lobby. Wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas for a surcharge. The hotel also offers a roundtrip 24-hour airport shuttle for a fee, and parking is available for a surcharge.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 94
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Electric kettle
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Jade Restaurant - Located on the second floor overlooking the historic Capitol Theatre, it is the perfect place to start the day.
Daily Breakfast Opening Hours: Monday to Friday - 6:30 AM to 10 AM; Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays - 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
Paddy Maguire's Irish Pub
Nearby Things to Do
The Capitol Square Hotel offers discounted use of a health club located on the corners of Pitt and Hay Streets, behind neighbouring Capitol Theatre. The Royal Botanic Gardens, which offer a walking/jogging path that runs throughout the gardens and along Sydney Harbour, are 1.5 km from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: AUD 100 per stay
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 19.00 for adults and AUD 9.50 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 15.00 per person
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 15.00
- Self parking fee: AUD 30.00 per night
- Late check-out fee: AUD 30.00
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Capitol Square Hotel
- Capitol Square Hotel Sydney
- Capitol Square Sydney
- Capitol Square
We should mention
Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.