Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sydney, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its waterfront and shopping.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NS (YQY), 7.4 mi (11.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sydney
Favorite places to visit in the city include Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design, Centre 200, and Bethel Presbyterian Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cape Breton Centre for Heritage and Science and St. George's Church & Cemetery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Sydney. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Sydney - Waterfront - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Sydney - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Sydney
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 38°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sydney is 1.22 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F