Visitors to Szczecin are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Cathedral Basilica of St. James the Apostle, Pomeranian Dukes' Castle, and National Museum of Szczecin.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Szczecin
- The closest major airport is in Szczecin (SZZ-Solidarnosc), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Heringsdorf (HDF), 35.7 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Szczecin
Cultural venues in the city include National Museum of Szczecin, Kana Theatre, and Szczecin Maritime Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Cathedral Basilica of St. James the Apostle, Pomeranian Dukes' Castle, and Tower of Seven Coats. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Jan Kasprowicz Park and Rose Garden.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Szczecin. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Zamek Centrum - This 4-star hotel in Old Town features a winery, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Apartamenty Excel - Our customers love the helpful staff and clean rooms at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Srodmiescie can enjoy access to parking and a children's club, along with an in-room kitchen.
- TOP Apartments 2 - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Srodmiescie can enjoy access to a free airport shuttle and parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and WiFi.
Getting Around Szczecin
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Szczecin Central Station. Szczecin might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Szczecin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Szczecin is 20.98 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F