Visitors can enjoy all that Takamori has to offer including the volcano viewpoints, opera houses, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices.
- There are 106 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kumamoto (KMJ), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Takamori
A couple of favorite places to visit are Yusui Tunnel Park and Mt. Aso. In the area, you'll also find Shiramizu No Taki Waterfall and Shirakawa Springs.
As you plan for your vacation to Takamori, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 106 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Kyukamura Minami-Aso is located 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the heart of Takamori. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star ryokan in Nakabaru can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room refrigerator.
- Kurokawa Onsen Ryokan Ichinoi is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the center of Takamori. Guests who stay at this 3-star ryokan in Minamioguni can enjoy access to free parking and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Solest Takachiho Hotel is 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from central Takamori. This 3.5-star hotel in Takachiho features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Takamori
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Takamori gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F