Visiting Takua Thung
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Takua Thung, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and tucked away, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the area is Ao Phang Nga National Park.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Takua Thung
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Takua Thung
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Ao Phang-nga National Park, Khao Phing Kan, and Natai Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Khok Kloi Fresh Market and Shrine of King Heng Ling.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Takua Thung. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Natai House - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Akyra Beach Club Phuket - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Aleenta Resort and Spa - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to see in the area include Ao Phang Nga National Park, 10.8 mi/17.3 km from the heart of the city, and Phuket Fantasea, which is 24.3 mi (39 km) away.
Dressing for Takua Thung
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.91 inches of rain falls on Takua Thung each year
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F