Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Tamarindo, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Top sights around the area include Conchal Beach and Flamingo Beach.
- There are 365 hotels and other accommodations in Tamarindo
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 29.2 mi (47 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tamarindo
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Tamarindo Beach, Grande Beach, and Mansita Beach. Surfing, wildlife viewing, and camping are top activities, while sights to visit include Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course. Additionally, you might want to add Avellana Beach to your agenda.
In Tamarindo, you'll find 365 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Mapache B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- La Ramona Charming Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Capitán Suizo Beachfront Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Conchal Beach, located 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center, and Flamingo Beach, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Dressing for Tamarindo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Tamarindo gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F