Find Cheap Hostels in Taormina
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Taormina
Other property types in Taormina
Reviewed on Aug 1, 2016
Eurostars Monte Tauro
Reviewed on Dec 28, 2019
Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
Reviewed on Jul 31, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for an affordable place to stay in Taormina, there are 328 lodging options here to pick from, including hostels. No two hostels look the same, but these dormitory-style accommodations all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
- Low prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Taormina for a lower cost, so you can save your budget for sightseeing. You can check out this destination's cultural highlights, such as its historic sites and entertainment venues.
Hostels in Taormina
Ready to book a hostel? These ones have the best reviews from our customers and might be a good place to start:
Hostel Taormina - Located within a 10-minute walk of Greek Theatre. You can take advantage of free WiFi and a bar, as well as tour/ticket assistance.
Cohen Hostel Hostel/Backpacker - Located within a 5-minute walk of Lido Mazzaro. You can take advantage of free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk, as well as tour/ticket assistance.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Taormina?
The weather can be a big factor when you want to venture out and explore, so here's a little information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 69° F and nighttime temperatures average 55° F
- April-June: 90° F is the daytime average and 57° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 94° F and nighttime averages are around 73° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 85° F during the day and 56° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.91 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Taormina?
Depending on what interests you, you might like these places:Top Sights
- Greek Theatre
- Lido Mazzaro
- Cathedral of Acireale
- Fondazione Mazzullo
- Villa Comunale Garden
- Parco Duca di Cesaro
- San Giorgio Theatre
- Taormina Archaeological Museum
- Taormina Roman Odeon
Generally, Taormina is known for its:
- Historical sites
How to Get to Taormina and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the closest airport in Reggio di Calabria (REG-Strait of Messina), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away from the city center. An alternative is Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), located 29 mi (46.6 km) away. When you're out and about, you might want to use public transit to get around. If you're looking to check out more of the area, head over to Taormina Giardini Station to hop on a train.