Visiting Tarpon Springs
Visitors to Tarpon Springs are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and cathedral. Around the area, top sights include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park, and Big Cat Rescue.
- You'll find 2651 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarpon Springs
Favorite family attractions include St Nicholas Boat Line and Tarpon Springs Aquarium. The city's natural beauty is on display at Anderson Park, Sunset Beach, and Anclote River Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Spongeoramas Sponge Factory, Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, and Sponge Exchange.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Tarpon Springs. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Quality Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Tarpon Shores Inn - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
Top places to see in the area include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, located 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city center, and Pier 60 Park, which is 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away.
Dressing for Tarpon Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- About 54.72 inches of rain falls on Tarpon Springs each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F