Visiting Tawas City
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Tawas City, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, local tours, and parks. A top sight in the city is Lake Huron.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Tawas City
- The closest major airport is in Alpena, MI (APN-Alpena County Regional), 55.5 mi (89.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tawas City
Cultural venues in the city include Tawas Point Lighthouse, Iosco County Historical Museum, and Arenac County Historical Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Huron, Tawas Point State Park, and Huron-Manistee National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lakewood Shores Resort - Serradella Golf Course and Gateway Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Tawas City. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Churchill Pointe Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Edmond's Au Gres Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bay Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Tawas City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Tawas City gets about 31.34 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 13°F