Conveniently located hotel with great views
Posted Nov 17, 2016 on Hotels
The things I thought were good were:
- The hotel is easy to find from just about anywhere in the city. Either listen for the church bells which chime every 15 minutes during the day, or aim for the tall white and yellow building which is close to the hotel.
- There are great views from the roof terrace / pool (5th floor) of both Teide, the well kept square next to the church and also of the sea and Lago Martinez further down the coast
- It was competitively priced for B&B
- Breakfast buffet was more than acceptable for the price.
- Friendly, multilingual staff.
- The hotel has charm, stemming from, I believe, it having been built in the early 18th century. This is particularly evident in the lobby/reception area.
- The restaurant on the terrace out the front looked good and the entertainment seemed decent.
The things I thought were not so good:
- I would describe the rooms as functional. This was not a problem for me, but some people might expect more creature comforts (however, I would not complain, particularly given the price)
- I didn't notice any aircon in the room. This was not a problem in November, but I imagine it might have been different in August (perhaps the hotel supplies a portable fan when needed/asked).
Overall, I would recommend this hotel. It is well located, competitivly priced, and has great views from the roof terrace. I would stay here again.