Visiting Terra Alta
Visitors to Terra Alta are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and ski areas.
- You'll find 32 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Morgantown
- The closest major airport is in Morgantown, WV (MGW-Morgantown Municipal), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Clarksburg, WV (CKB-North Central West Virginia), 37 mi (59.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Terra Alta
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Cranesville Swamp Natural Area and Cannon Hill. Additionally, you'll find Cathedral State Park and Janet and Imre Szilagyi Center for the Visual and Performing Arts in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Alpine Lake Resort - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Terra Alta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Terra Alta is 50.16 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 19°F