Impeccably restored in 2016, this Italianate Victorian mansion enjoys wonderful views over Slevoir Bay of Lough Derg, Ireland's largest lake. Six bedrooms are available which can comfortably sleep 15 people. The room bed types are listed below. All are just beautiful, renovated and decorated by an Irish designer noted for her comfortable, thoughtful, tasteful traditional interiors. Beyond the incredible decor and architecture, you will appreciate luxuries and comforts such as the heated tiles in the bathrooms, excellent showers, slipper tubs with beautiful views, and of course TV and wifi.
A self catering property, you will find an excellent kitchen available for your use with a grand dining room overlooking the lake. A paneled bar with a cozy fire will entice you to relax in the evening and you can chat and read or play cards and games and enjoy the views in the sitting room.
On the estate you may walk along private trails by the lake, play tennis, or play croquet or badminton or volleyball on the lawn.
The village of Terryglass is just down the lane, a short stroll away, and boasts two award winning gastro pubs. Live traditional Irish music is played on Fridays and Saturdays.
Terryglass Quay draws visitors from all over Ireland to enjoy the scenery, boating, waterskiing, kayaking, fishing and swimming. Clay pigeon shooting, horse back riding, sailing, tennis, golf and archery are all close by. Your hosts, Jenny and Kieran, will be on hand and will gladly assist with organizing any activity.
The location of Terryglass in the center of the country mean that all the must-see places in Ireland are within a short drive. Take day trips to the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Galway, Kylemore Abbey, the Rock of Cashel, St. John's Castle, the Stone Circle of Lough Gur and Bunratty Castle and folk park, (and the famous medieval banquet in the castle in the evenings.) Birr Castle and Portumna Castle are on your doorstep, as is the Portumna Work House Museum, which is so informative and moving.
All rooms have tv, wifi, hair dryer and ensuite bathrooms with shower enclosures. Several also have slipper tubs. Rooms are as follows:
1. The Suite: a suite of two rooms, one with a king size bed, soothing soft green tones, a wonderful bathroom with slipper tub. Views onto the lake. The adjoining room with two single beds and its own ensuite bathroom make this a perfect suite for families or a small group. The suite will sleep 5.
2. The Lakeview room: two single beds, views of the lake, ensuite bathroom with a slipper tub positioned so that you can gaze at the sunsets over the lake while you soak at the end of the day.
3. The Lavender room: perhaps the most beautiful of all the rooms, it is very spacious and has a queen size bed and a sleeper sofa that will pull out to accommodate two additional people. Pastoral views. Slipper tub with views.
4. The Ann room: a full size bed that sleeps 2. Bathroom has shower only. Pastoral views.
5. The Catherine room: a full size bed that sleeps 2. Bathroom has shoer only. Pastoral views.