Families will find kid-friendly activities in Texarkana, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and sporting events.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Texarkana
- The closest major airport is in Texarkana, AR (TXK-Texarkana Regional), 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Texarkana
Cultural venues in the city include Perot Theater, Draughon-Moore Ace of Clubs House, and Museum of Regional History. The city's natural beauty is on display at Spring Lake Park, Wright Patman Lake, and Atlanta Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Central Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Texarkana. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Texarkana - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Texarkana - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Texarkana
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Texarkana Station. Texarkana might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Texarkana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Texarkana is 49.65 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F