Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Thame, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its spas, bars, and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Bicester Village, Oracle, and University Church of St Mary the Virgin.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Thame
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thame
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Bicester Village, Oracle, and University Church of St Mary the Virgin. In the area, you'll also find Radcliffe Camera and Sheldonian Theatre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Thame. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Fox and Goat - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
- The Oxfordshire Golf Hotel and Spa - Our customers like the clean, comfortable rooms and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- The Oxford Belfry - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and WiFi.
Top places to see in the area include Covered Market, 11.3 mi/18.1 km from the city center, and Oxford University Museum of Natural History, which is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) away.
Dressing for Thame
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Thame each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F