The Dalles Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from more than 12 hotels and other lodging choices in The Dalles, though you'll find just 6 economical motels. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below are some of our customers' best-rated The Dalles motels available to book:
Motel 6 The Dalles
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and a manager's reception.
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Super 8 by Wyndham The Dalles OR
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Cousins Country Inn
- A restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
Oregon Motor Motel
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in The Dalles
In this family-friendly area, enjoy its scenic riverfront and top-notch restaurants while you're sightseeing. People visiting The Dalles like its museums and wineries.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Tom McCall Preserve
- Memaloose State Park
- Mount Hood National Forest
To learn more about local history, take some time at:
- The Dalles Dam Visitor Center
- Old St. Peter's Landmark
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Wasco County Museum
- Fort Dalles Museum
- Pines 1852 Winery
The Dalles is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit The Dalles
Determine the perfect time for your visit to The Dalles by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 62° F and nighttime temperatures average 28° F
- April-June: 84° F is the daytime average and 37° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 91° F and nighttime averages are around 44° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 76° F during the day and 28° F at night
- Average rainfall is 13.86 inches in a year