Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly hotel with 2 restaurants and 24-hour fitness center
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Voorschoten hotel is located near the bay, 1 mi (1.6 km) from Duivenvoorde Castle, and within 6 mi (10 km) of Sint Annahofje and Molen de Put. Hortus Botanicus and Wassenaarse Golfclub Rozenstein are also within 6 mi (10 km).
Along with 2 restaurants, this hotel has a 24-hour fitness center and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and coffee/tea in a common area.
All 143 rooms offer free WiFi, minibars, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Room service, espresso makers, and hair dryers are among the other amenities available to guests.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Van der Valk De Gouden Leeuw
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This family-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
Van der Valk De Gouden Leeuw has designated areas for smoking.
- Picnic area
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 10
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 143
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Playground on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Free self parking
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11 AM.
Onsite venue - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
Restaurant Upstairs - This restaurant serves dinner only. Open select days.
Late night fare is available from room service (during limited hours).
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Playground on site
- Rafting nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 19.5 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 5.0 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 14 per pet, per night
- 1 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.60 per person, per night
- Tourism fee: EUR 1.60 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 13.50 for adults and EUR 8.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: EUR 14 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: EUR 25.00
- Late check-out fee: EUR 25.00
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 5.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 19.5 per night
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Inn
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Inn Voorschoten
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Voorschoten
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Hotel Voorschoten
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Hotel
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.