Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly hotel with 2 restaurants and 24-hour fitness center
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Voorschoten hotel is located near the bay, 1 mi (1.6 km) from Duivenvoorde Castle, and within 6 mi (10 km) of Duinrell and Sint Annahofje. Molen de Put and Hortus Botanicus are also within 6 mi (10 km).
Along with 2 restaurants, this hotel has a 24-hour fitness center and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and coffee/tea in a common area.
All 143 rooms offer free WiFi, room service, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Other amenities available to guests include espresso makers, hair dryers, and laptop-compatible safes.
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Breakfast and onsite restaurant
Van der Valk De Gouden Leeuw
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. 12 meeting rooms are available. This family-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
Van der Valk De Gouden Leeuw has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Number of meeting rooms - 12
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Picnic area
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 143
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 10
- Multilingual staff
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Free self parking
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Playground on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Free self parking
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free WiFi
- Cable TV service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11 AM.
Onsite venue - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
Restaurant Upstairs - This restaurant serves dinner only. Open select days.
Late night fare is available from room service (during limited hours).
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Boat tours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Playground on site
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 3 AM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 19.50 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 5.00 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 14 per pet, per night
- 1 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.60 per person, per night
- Tourism fee: EUR 1.60 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 13.50 for adults and EUR 8.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: EUR 14 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: EUR 25.00
- Late check-out fee: EUR 25.00
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 5.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 19.50 per night
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Inn
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Inn Voorschoten
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Voorschoten
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Hotel Voorschoten
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw Hotel
- Van der Valk Gouden Leeuw
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property does not have a Netherlands Tourist Board rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.