Visitors give high marks for the seaside in Thiruvananthapuram, which is also known for its temples and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, art, and musical theater.
- There are 107 hotels and other accommodations in Thiruvananthapuram
- The closest major airport is in Thiruvananthapuram (TRV-Trivandrum Intl.), 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Thiruvananthapuram
The seaside and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Samudra Beach Park, Kovalam Beach, and Kovalam Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Shri Padmanabhaswamy Temple and Trivandrum Secretariat.
In Thiruvananthapuram, there are 107 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Taj Green Cove Resort & Spa Kovalam - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Vasudevam - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Thiruvananthapuram
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Thiruvananthapuram Central Station, Thiruvananthapuram Pettah Station, or Thiruvananthapuram Kochuveli Station. Thiruvananthapuram might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Thiruvananthapuram
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 92°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Thiruvananthapuram gets about 2.52 inches of rain per year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F