Lakefront Hotel Room w/ Overstated Features & Svc.
Posted Jun 27, 2016 on Hotels
This Bestwestern does not meet the Advertised Expectations. My hotel visit was five (5) nights.
1. The pool was empty upon arrival and the condescending young hotel manager said I could use the "public lake, located 100 meters away". Manager did not understand the difference in a premium priced hotel pool and public lake.
2. The elevator broke for the evening, leaving me with two (2) heavy bags and 5 flights of stairs, to climb. The elevator problem seemed familiar, since it was repaired within 5 hours of my report. This was a concerning workout, since I am a young father and heart attack survivor, 4 months prior.
3. When the buses dropped off guests, it was obvious they were not staffed for the increased amount of guests. The restaurant was not refilling the buffet.
4. One evening, the hotel bedding smelled like body odor, upon arrival from work. I was thoroughly disgusted. Fortunately, my room included two (2) beds and I simply swapped the bedding.
5. The Lake View and Partial Lake View is an overstatement. THERE IS NO LAKE VIEW FROM THE ROOM and you need to look from balcony for a limited view ... some balconies are worse than others.
The Director of the hotel was made aware of the numerous shortcomings and would not be interrupted from his solo dinner, at his patio/bar. Hotel manager provided 70,000 Bestwestern Pts for a future stay (if I was a point member?). Hotel showed no remorse or professional pride.