Visitors to Tirana are sure to enjoy the cafés and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, mountain views, and opera houses.
- There are 130 hotels and other accommodations in Tirana
- The closest major airport is in Tirana (TIA-Rinas Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tirana
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of History, Bunk’Art 2, and National Art Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Palace of Culture, Et'Hem Bey Mosque, and Pyramid. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Skanderbeg Square and National Bank of Albania.
In Tirana, you'll find 130 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Plaza Tirana - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Airport Tirana - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Rooms Hotel & Residence - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Tirana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Tirana gets about 50.00 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F