Tomago Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Newcastle area, there are 28 economical motels among the more than 210 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Tomago. Popular places to visit in the larger area include Lake Macquarie, Nobbys Head Beach, and Newcastle Beach.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below are some of our customers' top motels in the larger area:
Ibis Budget Newcastle
- Located 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the heart of Tomago
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Motto Farm Motel
- Free breakfast and a restaurant are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an LCD TV.
- Central Tomago is 2.6 mi (4.1 km) away
Hunter Gateway Motel
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the heart of Tomago
- Central Tomago is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away
- An outdoor pool and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an iPod dock.
Travellers Motor Village
- 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the heart of Tomago
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Tomago
Here are favorite places in and around Tomago:
- Lake Macquarie
- Nobbys Head Beach
- Newcastle Beach
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Hunter Region Botanic Gardens
- Merewether Beach
- Hunter Wetlands Centre
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Merewether Ocean Baths
- Oakvale Farm and Fauna World
- Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters
Best Time to Visit Tomago
Decide when you'd like to visit Tomago by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 81° F and nighttime temperatures average 60° F
- April-June: 75° F is the daytime average and 47° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 71° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 80° F during the day and 53° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.18 inches in a year
How to Get to Tomago and Around the Area
|Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) ||Airport ||5.9 mi (9.5 km) |