Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric landmark downtown hotel near CN Tower
Popular property highlights
Set in the dynamic business district, The Fairmont Royal York hotel, built in 1929, is across the street from Union Station, 2 blocks from the convention center and Air Canada Centre, and 3 blocks from CN Tower.
Multiple Dining Options
The Fairmont Royal York has six dining options for guests in the hotel. The Library Bar serves a renowned afternoon tea; EPIC Restaurant focuses on sustainable cuisine; and Benihana Japanese Steakhouse offers a truly memorable teppan dining experience.
The Fairmont Royal York's 1,363 city view guestrooms offer rich fabrics, antique reproductions, marble bathrooms, and pillowtop mattresses. All rooms include stocked minibars and free daily newspaper.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Fairmont Royal York
Located in Toronto's dynamic business district, The Fairmont Royal York is located above the PATH, a vast underground shopping and transportation complex with access to adjacent Union Station. The hotel is 3 blocks from both the CN Tower, the Sony Centre, and Royal Alexandra theaters in the theater district.
The hotel's opulent 32 meeting rooms include an an Italianate ballroom believed to be the most photographed room in all of Canada; the majestic Concert Hall that once housed a 50-ton pipe organ; the fireplaced Library Room, which once contained 12,000 books; and the Imperial Room, once the city's most elegant dancing and dining venue.
The hotel offers a staffed business center and wireless Internet access (surcharge) in most public areas.
The well-equipped health club has a skylit indoor pool, spa tub, saunas, steam rooms, and massage services (surcharge). 2 levels of shops include Elizabeth Milan Day Spa with signature treatments such as the Chocolate Body Indulgence and Royal Rose Dream (surcharges).
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Express check-in
- Number of bars/lounges - 4
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Year Built 1929
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 32
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Steam room
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 6
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 1363
- Number of floors - 19
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 15.76 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 15.76 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 13.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 13.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Microwave (on request)
- In-room safe
- In-room massage available
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Video-game console
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
EPIC - Contemporary fine-dining restaurant, serving classic European ingredients prepared with North American culinary innovations, in a dining room with velvet banquettes and Murano glass chandeliers. Known for its lobster dishes, EPIC also serves such items as Saskatoon berry-stuffed corn-fed chicken with buttered fresh parpadelle pasta, and jumbo prawn with sweet corn-Edamame bean salsa. Fine wine list. Daily traditional high tea with tea “sommelier.” Lavish Sunday brunch buffet including hand-rolled sushi, fresh seafood, and assorted rich desserts. Reservations recommended for tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
Benihana Japanese Steakhouse - Meals prepared on hibachi-style grills at guests' tables. Ahi tuna, filet mignon, teriyaki steak, teriyaki chicken, and other seafood, meats, and vegetables. Sushi and sashimi. Nightly dinner.
Piper's Gastropub - Informal dining. Bar menu, appetizers, and desserts. Full bar, including a wide range of beers. Open Monday–Saturday, early afternoon to late evening; closed Sunday.
Library Bar - Intimate club-like bar with rich fabrics, wood paneling, and book-lined walls. Bar menu, appetizers, and desserts. Famous for its martinis, the bar also serves creative cocktails. Open Monday–Friday, early afternoon to late evening; Saturday, early evening to late evening; closed Sunday.
York's Deli and Bakery - Snacks, house-made soups, sandwiches, and hot-meal specials. Open from early morning to early afternoon.
Room service is available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The Fairmont Royal York includes a well-equipped health club, staffed from early morning to late evening, and accessible 24 hours by key card. Fitness equipment–many with personal built-in LCD TVs–include treadmills, elliptical trainers, a stair machine, a stationary bike, a strength-training machine, free weights, and stability balls.
The health club also includes an indoor lap pool, spa tub, and children's pool. Also provided are separate women's and men's locker rooms with saunas and steam rooms. Guests have access to the racquet and aerobic facilities at the Wellington Club (surcharge), located a half-block from the hotel.
Winter brings ice skating at Nathan Phillips Square at City Hall, 0.75 km (0.5 mi) from the hotel. Skate rentals are available at the rink. Lake Ontario, also 0.75 km (0.5 mi) from the hotel, offers seasonal recreational activities including cycling paths, fishing, and sailing.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Minimum check-in age is 19
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CAD 25.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- 1 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: CAD 100.00 per night
- Fee for full breakfast: CAD 34 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 15.76 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 15.76 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: CAD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 53 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 25.0 per night
- Fairmont Royal
- Fairmont Royal York
- Fairmont Royal York Hotel
- Fairmont Royal York Hotel Toronto
- Fairmont Royal York Toronto
- Fairmont York
- Royal Fairmont York
- Royal York
- Royal York Fairmont
- York Fairmont
- Royal York Hotel Toronto
- Fairmont Toronto
- The Fairmont Royal York Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Fairmont
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Fairmont Royal York is listed in the 2016 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.