Visiting Travelers Rest
Visitors to Travelers Rest are sure to enjoy the university setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights around the area include The Peace Center, Falls Park on the Reedy, and BMW Zentrum.
- You'll find 206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Greenville - Spartanburg
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 26.8 mi (43.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Travelers Rest
The university setting is a highlight of the city and North Greenville University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Cherokee Valley Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Travelers Rest. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Greenville/Travelers Rest - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Best Western Travelers Rest Greenville - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include The Peace Center, 14.6 mi/23.5 km from the city center, and Falls Park on the Reedy, which is 14.9 mi (24 km) away.
Dressing for Travelers Rest
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Travelers Rest gets about 50.71 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 33°F