Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Traverse City hotel facing Grand Traverse Bay
Beach, shopping: 2 blocks
Park Place Hotel in Traverse City is within 2 blocks of Front Street, which is home to shops and cafes along its brick-paved street. West Bay Beach is also 2 blocks away.
A glass-domed pool and a well-equipped fitness center are on site at this Traverse City hotel. The Beacon Lounge offers panoramic bay views.
The hotel's 140 guestrooms are housed in a 10-story tower and adjoining 3-story wing. Rooms feature modern and Victorian furnishings.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Park Place Hotel
Renovations & Closures
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
Park Place Hotel overlooks Grand Traverse Bay and is less than 2 blocks from Front Street. A glass-domed pool, a well-equipped fitness center, and a health club are on site, and the Beacon Lounge offers panoramic bay views. In addition to a complimentary roundtrip airport shuttle, which is available during limited hours with advanced notice, Park Place Hotel also offers complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access in the hotel's public areas. Business amenities include business services, a computer station, and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. A ballroom is also on site. Park Place Hotel offers room service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This hotel is a smoke-free property. Fines may apply for violations.
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Number of floors - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Meeting rooms
- Indoor pool
- Spa tub
- Free airport transportation
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 140
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Health club
- Computer station
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 1115
- Year Built 1930
- Conference space size (feet) - 12000
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
- Free WiFi
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Free self parking
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Minervas - Steaks, chops, fresh seafood. Signature chili dishes, including Seafood Chili and White Chili. Wine list includes local selections. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Beacon Lounge - Bar with bay and sunset views. Live entertainment Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel offers a glass-domed indoor pool and a fitness center with spa tub and sauna. The Traverse Area Recreation Trail, a popular path for walkers, joggers, skaters, and bicyclists, runs along West Bay past the hotel.
West Bay Beach is 2 blocks from the hotel. Several golf courses are in the area, which also is known for its winter sports activities such as ice-boat races on the bay. The town also hosts the National Cherry Festival each July.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Free bicycles nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 10 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 20 per pet, per day
- Dogs only
- 1 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5.99 and USD 10.99 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 20 per pet, per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- Hotel Park Place
- Park Place Hotel Traverse City
- Park Place Traverse City
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.