Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Traverse City hotel facing Grand Traverse Bay
Popular property highlights
Beach, shopping: 2 blocks
Park Place Hotel in Traverse City is within 2 blocks of Front Street, which is home to shops and cafes along its brick-paved street. West Bay Beach is also 2 blocks away.
The Beacon Lounge offers panoramic bay views.
The hotel's 140 guestrooms are housed in a 10-story tower and adjoining 3-story wing. Rooms feature modern and Victorian furnishings.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Park Place Hotel
Renovations & Closures
- Fitness facilities
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
Park Place Hotel overlooks Grand Traverse Bay and is less than 2 blocks from Front Street. The Beacon Lounge offers panoramic bay views. In addition to a complimentary roundtrip airport shuttle, which is available during limited hours with advanced notice, Park Place Hotel also offers complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access in the hotel's public areas. Business amenities include business services, a computer station, and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. A ballroom is also on site. Park Place Hotel offers room service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This hotel is a smoke-free property. Fines may apply for violations.
- Free airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 1930
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1115
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 12000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 140
- Number of floors - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Free self parking
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Minervas - Steaks, chops, fresh seafood. Signature chili dishes, including Seafood Chili and White Chili. Wine list includes local selections. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Beacon Lounge - Bar with bay and sunset views. Live entertainment Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
Nearby Things to Do
The Traverse Area Recreation Trail, a popular path for walkers, joggers, skaters, and bicyclists, runs along West Bay past the hotel.
West Bay Beach is 2 blocks from the hotel. Several golf courses are in the area, which also is known for its winter sports activities such as ice-boat races on the bay. The town also hosts the National Cherry Festival each July.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Free bicycles nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 10 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 20 per pet, per day
- Dogs only
- 1 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5.99 and USD 10.99 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 20 per pet, per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- Hotel Park Place
- Park Place Hotel Traverse City
- Park Place Traverse City
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.