Troy Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Detroit area, you'll find 18 low-priced motels among the more than 468 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
When you save on your room price, you can make the most of what Troy has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Somerset Collection in Troy, as well as Detroit Zoo and Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in the area.
Fun fact: Motels became more prevalent in the U.S. after World War II with the appeal of road trip vacations, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite motels to choose from in the larger area:
Rivertown Inn & Suites Downtown Detroit
- Located 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the heart of Troy
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and an area shuttle.
Hotel Royal Oak
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Troy is 6.4 mi (10.3 km) away
Motel 6 Detroit Northeast - Madison Heights
- Enjoy access to the free parking and laundry facilities, as well as room amenities like WiFi.
- Located 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the heart of Troy
Motel 6 Detroit - East Warren
- Central Troy is 7.4 mi (11.9 km) away
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
Knights Inn Sterling Heights
- 5.9 mi (9.4 km) from the heart of Troy
- Enjoy the in-room cable TV, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Things to Do in Troy
In this family-friendly area, you can check out the shops and enjoy the restaurants while you're sightseeing. People visiting Troy have good things to say about the live music.
Here are favorite places in and around Troy:
- Somerset Collection
- Detroit Zoo
- Great Lakes Crossing Outlets
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Lake Erie
- Belle Isle
- Detroit Riverwalk
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Red Oaks Waterpark
- SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium
- Belle Isle Aquarium
Troy is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Troy
Decide when you'd like to visit Troy by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 50° F and nighttime temperatures average 14° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 82° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 17° F at night
- Average rainfall is 31.85 inches in a year
How to Get to Troy and Around the Area
|Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal) ||Airport ||14 mi (22.5 km) |
|Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.) ||Airport ||15.4 mi (24.9 km) |
|Windsor, ON (YQG) ||Airport ||23.5 mi (37.8 km) |