Find Hotels in Tsukuba
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 27, 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Tsukuba has to offer including the museums, temples, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, theme park, and zoo. Top sights around the area include Mount Tsukuba and Tsukuba Circuit.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Tsukuba
- The closest major airport is in Ibaraki (IBR), 18.7 mi (30 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 26.4 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tsukuba
Cultural venues in the city include Tsukuba Expo Center, Tsukuba Space Center, and Geological Museum. Attractions like Tsukuba Wanwan Land and Warp Station Edo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Ushiku Daibutsu, Tsukubasan Shrine, and Hirasawa Kanga Site.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Tsukuba. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Bestland - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
- Hotel Route-Inn Tsuchiura - Our customers like the breakfast and overall condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Okura Frontier Tsukuba - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
Other top sights in Tsukuba include Mount Tsukuba. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Naritasan Shinshoji Temple, located 23.4 mi (37.7 km) from the city center, and Makuhari Messe, which is 29.6 mi/47.7 km away.
Getting Around Tsukuba
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Tsukuba is easy. You can access metro transit at Tsukuba Station, Resort Gateway Station, and Kenkyu-gakuen Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Tsuchiura Arakawaoki Station, Hitachino-Ushiku Station, or Tsuchiura Station.
Dressing for Tsukuba
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Tsukuba gets about 1.57 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 32°F